Monday, March 5, 2012

A Bandit Hat

There’s a scene in Fantastic Mr. Fox where the son Ash, constantly bested by his do-no-wrong cousin Kristofferson, can’t take it anymore and his jealousy spills out. His father takes Kristofferson on his chicken-stealing adventures and Ash never gets invited. Kristofferson got a cool bandit hat from Ash’s dad and got invited on another raid where they were shot at by the farmer, while Ash had to make a bandit hat from an old sock and try to sneak in to the adventure.

 

Finally, Ash yells:

 

“How come I didn’t get a bandit hat?!?!?! … How come I didn’t get shot at?!?!”

 

Sometimes when Zach complains it sounds to me exactly like Ash so whenever he says something like:

 

“Dad, how come I only got one candy and Brooke got two?”

 

I say back:

 

“How come I didn’t get a bandit hat?!?!?! … How come I didn’t get shot at?!?!”

 

Despite the fact that this irritates him to no end, he cannot stop laughing. It is so funny to connect those two because Ash is exactly who he sounds like.

 

The other day Zach and Brooke and I were in the living room and Zach said:

 

“How come I never get to watch MY show?!?”

 

Just then Brooke looks up from her crayon drawing and says:

 

“How come I didn’t get a bandit hat?!?!”

 

We all just about died laughing. Zach had to bury his face in the couch to try to hide his laughter from us.

1 comment:

wildmary said...

That's so funny! I would love to see that!