Monday, February 6, 2012

Re-Testing

I’m a little nervous today, I have had some of my neurological symptoms get worse and I thought it would be a good idea to go to a new neurologist to get some answers, if there are any to get. So I had an appointment for tomorrow but the office called and moved it up to today. I’m not fully prepared yet, as I was going to get my medical history all in a neat timeline, and I don’t have my old medical records with me today. But I do want to get this over with so off I go.

I’ve had most of these issues for 8+ years and it’s been pretty steady for most of that time, with some periods of things getting worse, mostly, coincidentally or not, in the months of February and March.

I’m not looking forward to this, the testing and the waiting. And the re-testing and the re-waiting. I don’t handle that well. I’m actually going to the same office that Zach went to for his epilepsy, although I have a different neurologist.

I thought I’d look up the exact address of the place, just so I make sure I don’t miss it. I got the address from the office website, and checked out the bio of my new neuro.

It was a little disconcerting to read this blurb, featured prominently on the main page of the site:

“The three pounds of tissue in the human head is the brain.”

I don’t know whether I should feel relieved that they know that basic fact, or worried that they were so impressed with knowing that basic fact that they saw fit to brag about it. I would have preferred to have them say something like:

“We’re highly skilled neurologists with good degrees and we’re also very nice”

But as stated, their slogan is something that Brooke knows, and she’s three.

No comments: