Monday, May 2, 2011

Check off another campaign promise

"And if we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act, and we will take them out.

We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority"
- Barack Obama, Oct 7, 2008

It's very strange to celebrate the death of someone, but I think in this case it's justified.

Some of my observations and other various blips traversing the net:

Interesting how close bin Laden was to a major Pakistani military training site. Did they really not know he was there? Odd, that.

Is Trump going to ask for the death certificate or is he already on to his moon landing denial conspiracy?

This event won't change much really. It's more symbolic. In the long run, we should probably ask ourselves why we're so good at making enemies. If you pay attention to net traffic, you'll see that bin Laden has many, many fans worldwide, from many different countries. We should be studying that phenomena.

I woke up this morning and the CNN notification on my phone just said "US official says bin Laden buried at sea". Hmm, I thought. I think I've missed something important going down during the night.

No comments: